Hamid Robat Sarpooshi, Mohammd Haddadi*, Mohammad Siavoshi and Rohollah Borghabani
Introduction: Vitamin C, solvent in water, is necessary to synthesis and to keep collagen, and also is an intercellular surrounding material of body tissues, blood vessels, cartilages, bones, teeth, skins, and tendons. It is able to improve the protective mechanism of immune system, and wounds. Also, it is necessary to rehabilitate wounds and resistance against infection. This study makes an attempt to define the effect of topical vitamin C on improving second-degree burns.
Materials and methods: In this clinical trial, 30 patients with second-degree burn referring to burn ward of Sabzevar Vasei Hospital were adopted. According to the defined volume, two groups were adopted on a patient in this study. The dressing of wounds was changed once a day and then the wound was washed. The parameters concerned with burn were considered in 1st, 3rd, 7th, and 14th days by applying Bates-Jensen tools of evaluating burn. SPSS-16 software and ANOVA test of repetitive measures were applied to analyze data.
Findings: In this study, participants have got an age average of 43.03 ± 11.90, 60% of participants were composed of men, and the other 40% were women. The results of ANOVA Test showed repetitive measurements. The average of final score of burn between two types of cures was statistically significant (P=0.047). In other words, there was a significant difference on improving the burn between two groups, and Vitamin C takes a significant effect on improving the burn.